I’ve known Lindsay’s family… ehem. Let me start over. They’ve known me since I was born. Lindsay’s mom taught me when I was in preschool. My dad water skied with her dad and brother. Her dad was my shop teacher in middle school. Since I became old enough to really appreciate the concept of family, I’ve loved watching how this family grows and how they love on each other. It is so rare these days. This was the third year I’ve done family portraits in the fall for the Kelsey’s. Makenzie turned 3 this fall. She has an amazing personality and is so fun to watch. Here are a few Makenzie-isms I picked up:
- She wants EVERYONE to be in the photo. And she wants them to kneel.
- I asked her to say “Hi!” instead of “Cheese” to get a more natural smile. Makenzie went on to teach this to the rest of her family, getting in front of the camera and immediately saying, “HIIII!!!!”
- She likes to accessorize. Especially with bracelets.
- She is generous; she even painted me a picture. My first gift from a client!
- For the past two years, has let us know she is finished taking photos by squatting down and ignoring direction.
Love her. Please enjoy this adorable 3 year old and her family!